October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and koi is proud to partner with The Breast Cancer Research Foundation to be part of the cure.
Here are some things you can do to support breast cancer awareness:
1. Donate to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation at bcrf.org
The mission of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation is to prevent and cure breast cancer by advancing the world’s most promising research. They’re the highest-rated breast cancer organization in the US!
2. Wear a pink ribbon to show your support
Not all pink ribbons are created equal. Get educated at: pinkribbon.org
3. Discuss the importance of regular self exams with friends & loved ones
Women and men should perform a Breast Self Exam at least once a month.
4. Send your letters with the Breast Cancer Research Forever Stamp
Available at your local post office or usps.gov.
5. Volunteer for or join a breast cancer fundraiser, or start your own
Find out how at: https://www.bcrf.org/fundraise
6. Share tips for breast cancer prevention
7. Shop (carefully)
Not all products with a pink ribbon actually benefit breast cancer research. Some have harmful chemicals that actually contribute to breast cancer development, and some companies cap the amount they’ll donate each year.